Ayurveda is the best and permanent solution when it comes to skincare and ayurvedic facials enhance radiance within. Ayurvedic facials are a relaxing, ,hydrating, purifying, nourishing and a rejuvenating experience that will leave a luminous glow.
Facials are applications of herbal preparation of therapeutic value in the face and neck. It is not merely application of lepas, but also includes a special technique of stimulation of the marmas present in the areas in and around the face.
The medicines for facials are selected after assessing the skin type of the patient and also the prakriti. The prakriti of the patient is assessed on the basis of dosha predominance. Prakriti is classified mainly into 3 types
But eka dosha prakriti is not common and a mixture of either both doshas are very common.
In modern science skin types are classified into
- Combination skin
Unlike other therapies, facials in ayurveda are done by correctly analysing the skin types without making the skin erupt and making it smooth and shiny.
Benefits of ayurveda facials
- Reduces active pimples
- Reduces acne scars and blemishes
- Improves circulation
- Activates vital areas
- Tones and tightens skin
- Locks moisture inside
- Reduces sagging of facial skin
- Pacifies kapha and vata dosha
- Enhances complexion
- Imparts glow to dull skin
Steps of ayurveda facial
After consultation, the doctor will analyse the skin type.
- Cleansing the face is necessary before any treatment
- Snehana is done by applying medicated oils
- Swedana is done which induces perspiration and removes dirt
- Exfoliation is done with medicated powder. It removes dirt and dead cells and brings a glow to skin.
- Facial massage includes massaging the face and neck with special strokes.
- Facial mask is the application of herbal paste of medicinal properties.
Mode of action of Ayurvedic Facials
Facial is a set of techniques which improves the circulation and stimulates the marma. These are enabled through many steps of procedures and each step has many benefits. Cleansing will remove the dirt present in the face. Snehana is oil application and it help in moisturizing the cells as well as enables circulation. Swedana is inducing perspiration by means of steam. It opens up the pores and cleanses from inside. It helps in detoxification of the cells. Facial massage is the crucial step in every facial and it enhances circulation and stimulates marmas. Facial mask improves the penetration of active ingredients through the open pores.
Leave a Reply