Ruksha Sweda-The Amazing Results of Dry Fomentation
- Etymology: ‘Ruksha’ means ‘Dry’ and ‘Sweda’ means ‘Sweating’.
- Ruksha Sweda or Dry fomentation is usually done using Sand. Also known as ‘Valuka Sweda’
- Effective in getting rid of ‘Aamatva’ (buildup of toxic by-products which occurs due to impaired digestion, which cannot be eliminated by the body that causes pain and stiffness, as per Ayurveda).
- Poultices (Kizhi) consisting of Dry Sand are warmed up and massaged all over the body or on the affected areas.
- Ruksha Sweda results in improved joint stiffness and muscle pain, increased joint stability, and muscle tone.
Indications of Ruksha Sweda
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Stiffness of Thighs
- Joint Stiffness
- Idiopathic Spasmodic Torticollis
- Frozen Shoulder
Benefits of Ruksha Sweda
- Reduces pain, inflammation, and muscle stiffness
- Improves circulation
- Rejuvenates bones, muscles, and nerves
- Improves sleep
CAUTION: All medications and treatments described here are being used solely for educational reasons. This does not replace seeking expert medical advice. Before using any drugs, please seek the advice of a licensed Ayurvedic practitioner. Please keep out of the reach of children.
Click here to know more about Kizhi treatments.